Aberdeen (U.K.) – Remote Working
Junior researchers are the people we want to invest on as the basis on which we want to build Carisma RCT future. Rather than experience, you will have desire to learn and to grow. You will be responsible primarily for supporting the growth of Carisma RCT's knowledge centre. You will conduct primary and secondary research and produce reports, presentations, articles, etc. for the purpose of helping our organisation grow, sustain our business and support our clients. This is the first step towards becoming a research, consultant and/or trainer in the field as the role is designed to equip you, with time, with the tools, skills and attitute required to get involved with client facing work.
Key activity/Result Areas
- Undertake primary and secondary research.
- Research and consultation activities including telephone interviews, one-on-one /one-to-many interviews, questionnaire design, survey development, etc.
- Initial analysis of research findings for draft reports and deliverables to managers and/or clients.
- Preparation of, and assistance with, the development of company proposals, draft reports and key subject briefs including content review and preparation, formatting and presentation enhancement.
- Carry out business and market research and related issue tracking and analysis.
- Resource for the technical aspects of projects and activities.
- Produce data to support product and/or business development.
- Provide support to delivery of research, consultancy and training projects
- Provide quantitative data analysis and data visualization for use in data based decision making.
- Research existing data collections, compilations, and/or reporting methodologies
- Write and publish detailed reports, article, white papers, books, etc.
- Assist the company in developing/maintaining/updating databases and periodical reports.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Handle sensitive and/or classified material and matters in a discreet and professional manner
- Be available during regular business hours. Flexibility is required to work on evenings and/or weekends on occasion/as needed
- Contribute to generating social marketing content (tweets, blog entries, white papers, linkedin answers, etc.)
Requirements Specific to this Position
- 0 years minimum experience with Business Analysis and/or Research
- Basic knowledge of data collection, analysis and validation
- Basic knowledge of statistical data analysis and mathematical modelling
- Attitude towards reducing complex problems into smaller, easier to handle research/analysis questions
- Keen learner
- Basic working knowledge of and experience with ICT as used in data analysis (technical ICT knowledge is not necessary).
- Minimum: post-graduate degree
- None required some preferred.
- Business consulting and/or training experience (preferred)
- Research experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working in a non-structured, fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing work environment (preferred)
- International experience (preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project etc.
- Basic research and analytical skills including ability to evaluate and integrate information from a variety of sources.
- Proficient with web and literature searches, synthesising analysing data.
- Ability to identify issues and to use sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve a wide range of problems
- Outstanding communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports and communications with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuations and to articulate ideas in a confident, clear and concise style.
- Experience in using databases and electronic repositories to carry out research/find information.
- Innovative Thinker a must!
- Passion, personal alignment, and commitment to the mission and values of Carisma RCT.
- Keen to learn and advance
- Seek and can take criticism and feedback (even if not sugarcoated!)
- Extreme attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Business savvy and polished
- Superior organisation and problem solving skills
- Can work independently and be self-directed
- Self-motivated and a self-starter problem solver with a passion for excellence, ability to take initiative and get things done.
- Flexible, adaptable and holding a calm demeanour in challenging, demanding and ever-changing priorities
- Must thrive under pressure and be willing to handle significant workload, working a flexible schedule as circumstances dictate
- Excellent at communicating with stakeholders from public & private sector, industry, academia, etc.
- Effective time-management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Sound analytical thinking.
- Can work with a variety of personalities, cultures and nationalities
- Unyielding honesty, integrity and ethics
- Excellent English (written and spoken). Bi-lingual an asset (knowledge of Italian a plus)