Pipeline Trading Co. / One of the Big-Four Accounting Firms/ A Heavy Haughlag and Quarying operator in Scotland.
Carisma was asked to lead a business process and performance investigation within a Heavy Haughlage and Quarrying operation in Scotland. Pipeline Trading was asked to consult on a business recovery project by a leading international accountancy firm, with a view to averting the liquidation of an old and respected company, which had been very adversely affected by the downturn in the construction within the UK. Pipeline concentrated on the people and funding issues within the project and Carisma were charged with investigating processes.
The brief for Carisma was to look at the business from the “ground up” and to provide a report on the current position and the weaknesses, along with a suggested and detailed change process required to maintain the business.
- Process and Organisation Mapping: to map the business organization and processes and define the business requirements
- Proactive and reactive maintenance scheduling logic: to understand the logic behind equipment maintenance
- Root Cause analysis: To clearly identify the roots of the inefficiencies
- Business model canvas: To identify the underlying business model of current operations and design a new one supporting possible turnaround solutions
- Avoided liquidation
- Short-term restructure of the business
- Gained support from banks (who supported the revised model)
- Enabled merger with an industry leader.